Choosing the Best Chiropractor
Questions to Ask
1. Does the chiropractor take x-rays and perform an examination before starting treatment? This eliminates guesswork, increases safety and speeds up your results. (Chiropractic care is extremely safe however we do not recommend having chiropractic treatment from any chiropractor who has not first seen an x-ray of your spine.)
2. Are the x-rays digital so they minimize exposure and increase the ability of the doctor to see and find my problems? The more information the doctor has at his/her disposal improves the likelihood that he/she can help you.
3. Does the doctor use infrared spinal imaging to help pinpoint my problem and reduce the frequency of treatment, therefore lowering overall cost? This improves patient care and saves you money.
4. How long has the chiropractor been in practice? There is no substitute for experience.
5. Does the doctor use a signature chiropractic method? There are many good chiropractors and good techniques but few that offer the speed and effectiveness of our signature approach.
6. Will they submit my insurance claims electronically so I do not have to submit them myself? We accept most insurances and are happy to bill your insurance for you.
7. Will they allow me to use my Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), or Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for my care? Because insurance doesn’t pay for everything we offer this service to help make care in our practice more affordable.
8. Do they offer payment plans? We offer payments plans for all of our patients for the portion of care that insurance doesn’t pay.
9. Do they provide special fees for wellness care and have family wellness fees? Chiropractic care isn’t just about pain relief. It’s about feeling your best and maintaining the highest quality of life possible for you and your family members.
10. Do they provide wellness information, health articles, and advice on lifestyle, nutrition, exercise and stress reduction? Not only do we offer all the above, we provide wellness workshops and video education, too .
11. Have you read the patient “reviews”? This is the best way to insure you are making a great choice!
12. Has the doctor ever published a book or participated in research? Dr. John Madeira has written 3 books on wellness, has been involved in research projects and is a well-respected wellness lecturer throughout the Central Pennsylvania region.